Research and Advocacy Coordinator – Forum Syd funded Project
Organization Functioning for Eytham’s Respect (OFFER - IR) - Islamic Relief, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The Research and Advocacy Coordinator will support the Project Manager in quality delivery of Forum Syd funded project to strengthen the marginalised Civil Society Organisations to advance UNSDGs for Inclusive Development. H/She is responsible for research, integrating the findings into the project, advocacy and campaigns. H/She will provide support in advocacy, networking and communications with other organisations and civil society members. The incumbent will also contribute in the implementation and resource mobilisation for various projects across the country for development and emergency programmes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager in successful implementation of the project, monitoring of the project and delivery of outcomes.
- Research and synthesise recent developments to design appropriate advocacy strategies to maximise the project impact.
- Support in developing advocacy and campaign initiatives by providing necessary statistics and relevant information.
- Building relationships with research agencies and ensure findings are integrated into the project development and advocacy.
- Development of modules and building the capacity of partners on research, advocacy, running campaigns and networking.
- Execute necessary tools and platforms for creation of access to knowledge and information and its communication.
- Support in networking and advocacy with Government, INGOs and other civil society members.
- Provide support in producing timely and high-quality reporting to the donor.
- Ensure effective systems are in place to monitor and evaluate the quality and processes of the project.
- Documentation of the programme, the best practices and the lessons learnt.
- Working closely with other departments and provide support as and when required.
- Contribute in strategic planning, implementation of OFFER-IR’s programmes in India and resource mobilisation.
- Support Project Manager in timely submission of financial reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 6-7 years of professional experience in similar position with demonstrated experience of research and development issues.
- Must be Post Graduate in any subject with minimum 6 years’ experience in research, advocacy and campaigns.
- Experience in running online and offline campaigns.
- Experience in developing project proposals, modules for capacity building, facilitation and conducting capacity building to partner organisations.
- Ability to write high quality reports, editing skills and formulate recommendations.
- Experience in working with knowledge management data bases and platforms.
- Experience in development of tools, platforms to disseminate knowledge and information.
- Ability to work independently, willingness to work beyond office hours, weekends and travel frequently within states.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in a complex institutional setting.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work flexibly in hard-working, multi-disciplinary teams based at different locations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
- IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to OFFER-IR’s values and mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in one or more regional languages is an advantage.
- Ability to undertake significant amount of unaccompanied travel.