The IICPSD offers a selected group of outstanding graduate-level students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to IICPSD's work as a center of excellence for private sector in development and inclusive markets. It is designed to provide support to IICPSD’s applied research and policy advisory services and to complement the interns’ practical experience in various issues related to private sector engagement, skills generation, impact investing and other topics of international development. The Programme operates under the rules and regulations of the UNDP Internship Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties that the intern will be expected to carry out are:
- Provide research, writing and editing support on issues related to inclusive business, impact investing and Islamic finance;
- Support publishing knowledge stories/best practices;
- Assist the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events
- Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects or programmes;
- Provide administrative support on an as-needed basis;
- Prepare relevant communications materials (speeches, brochures, success stories, social media materials etc.);
- Collaborate on the development and execution of online content (images, infographics, videos, blogs etc.) and campaigns delivered across various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude and strong communication skills;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements: a) be enrolled in a second university degree programme (Master Degree); b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor Degree); or c) have graduated with a university degree in fields such as international relations, business, law, development, public administration or similar and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Solid experience in academic writing, research and analysis;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Experience on the role of private sector in development is an asset;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs;
- Previous experience on project designing and implementation is an asset;
- Social media account management and content development skills are desirable.
- Strong spoken and written English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset;
- Fluence in Turkish is an asset.