Research and Development Officer
University of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan
Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of the Position
S/he will be responsible for identifying new funding opportunities, developing high quality proposals, managing donor-funded grants, and representing UCA to potential partners. S/he will work primarily with UCA’s research units, including the Mountain Societies Research Institute and the Institute of Public Policy and Administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of the developing donor landscape as well as funding opportunities for UCA and maintain up-to-date information on donor interests and priorities in Central Asia;
- Cultivate relationships with potential donors and partners, and strengthen relationships with existing donors and partners;
- Work with UCA’s program and finance units to develop high quality concept notes and funding proposals along with project budgets;
- Assist UCA’s program units in managing donor-funded grants, including drafting and editing narrative reports, monitoring grant expenditures, and ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations;
- Attend project coordination meetings and ensure relevant internal stakeholders complete all project activities within agreed timeframes
- Monitor grant-funded project inputs and outputs, and ensure compliance with donor requirements at all times.
- Represent UCA at external events and provide proactive support in planning, coordinating and facilitating donor and other stakeholder visits and events at UCA.
- Work with partner agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central Asia to encourage partnership and mutual collaboration.
- Any other tasks relevant to this position’s main roles and responsibilities as assigned by its supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in a relevant field (Master’s level or equivalent);
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in grant management and resource mobilization in a university, policy research or international development context;
- Understanding of project cycle management and logical framework, as well as research life cycles;
- Understanding of financial management, developing and tracking project budgets and forecasts.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Russian;
- Demonstrable understanding of the development context and donor landscape in Central Asia;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage deadlines;
- Excellent team-player with good interpersonal skills;
- Relevant computer skills using MS Office applications;
- Ability to travel to UCA programmatic areas;.