Research and Evaluation Intern
FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is looking for a Research Intern for the Research and Evaluation Department of the Global Education, Employment and Engagement Business Unit. This is a part-time internship (number of hours to be negotiated and full-time needs will be considered). The internship will last 3 months with a possible extension to 6 months.
The tasks will include the following, but not be limited to:
- Contribute to research studies on education, youth development, civil society and economic strengthening
- Carry out qualitative coding and analysis
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities such data collection instrument development, instrument programming and enumerator training materials development
- Conduct data quality review, data cleaning and statistical analyses
- Assist in the management of online content, including web visualization and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree required, current Masters or doctoral student in Education, International Development or a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, demonstrated communication skills.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Proficiency with Stata. Experience in cleaning data and merging multiple datasets is highly desirable.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in a Related Field.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.