Research and Meal Manager
Save the Children, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
- The MEAL Research Manager will ensure that the Save the Children DRC Health Signature programme has a well-established, robust MEAL system.
- His/her leadership will ensure that quality and accountability standards and learning are integrated into programme design.
- By promoting participation and contextual data analysis, the MEAL Research Manager will support the project teams to strategically adapt activities/strategies to ensure efficacy and efficiency of programming, and maximise the positive impact of the Health Signature Programme.
- The Manager will oversee the research programme including both quantitative and qualitative approaches proposed and provide technical and field support for implementation of research, monitoring, and evaluation activities, data analysis, and application of findings in coordination with technical teams.
- Drawing on previous experience, and promoting the capacities of the DRC Health & Nutrition team, the Research MEAL Manager will ensure that results based planning are integrated into programming design.
- S/he will seek opportunities to ensure impact measurement, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
Qualifications and experience
Essential (all mandatory):
- Significant experience of undertaking a similar MEAL related role in a health and nutrition context
- Master's degree in public health with concentration on epidemiology, biostatistics, health system management, and/or healthy policy level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- 3-5 years of experience with demonstrated results conducting research or monitoring and evaluation in maternal, newborn and child health programs in developing countries, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis ;
- Ability to produce analysis and graphic representation of results;
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports both in English and French
- Experience with coordinating research dissemination, including writing evaluation reports and briefs, organizing dissemination events, and presenting findings;
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders;
- Experience working with researchers or academic institutions;
- Ability to manage a complex and varied work load, work under pressure, and manage significant travel to insecure environments;
- Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors
- Strong English and French communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent IT skills (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Previous experience in using statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Epinfo etc) in the design of research projects and other software to set up databases
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Previous experience working in DRC.
- Specific experience of designing and managing privately funded projects.