Jagori is looking for an experienced feminist researcher who will provide direction and impetus to its research and policy work.
Overview of the position:
Jagori has conducted feminist action research on various themes including on single women, women and mental health, urban women’s access to water and sanitation in low income settlements, migrant women, and women’s safety in public places in the city, among others. It has also provided critical inputs at various junctures such as the consultations leading to the Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill 2013, the Sexual Harassment at Workplace Bill 2013, and the draft National Policy on Women 2016. It has contributed to various civil society coalitions on SDGs, CEDAW etc. on themes of violence against women, women’s safety, and urban governance, and provides gender inputs to government policies and schemes as well.
The role of the Research Consultant would be to guide the research and policy inputs, knowledge creation and dissemination functions at Jagori.
Her key responsibility would be to guide the team in:
- Designing and conducting action research at the community level, analysis and writing
- Collecting field data, analysing and documenting grassroots experiences such that they feed into new learning and policy
- Translating findings into joint initiatives, networking and advocacy
- Raising the visibility of issues and campaigns through creation of relevant knowledge products in digital and print media for a range of stakeholders – through use of social media, mobile and web platforms, via blogs, articles, case stories, policy briefs, technical papers etc.
- Implementing effective monitoring information systems
- Post Graduate or higher degree in women’s studies, social sciences and allied fields
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in both English and Hindi
- Keenness and passion to drive evidence-based action for gender justice and women’s rights
- Reflexive, inclusive and intersectional feminist politics
- Background of working in social movements, and a historical understanding of social movements in India
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience. She must have:
- Led and participated in research, policy analysis or policy development
- Managed research partnerships with other organizations
- Experience drafting policy briefs, high-level documents and facilitating the creation of knowledge products
- Translated grassroots experience into actionable policy recommendations