Watershed Organisation Trust, Pune, India
Closing Date for Applications:
WOTR is looking out for motivated and suitable candidate as Research Assistant for its Knowledge Management Unit office based in Pune.
Educational Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s in Economics/Social Science, with an experience in using an appropriate and creative methodology to design and manage a research project, which may involve the use of quantitative and/or qualitative methods and may include both pilot and development work;
- Knowledge and practice in key data analysis software’s . Ability and motivation to learn new software packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years, post qualification experience.
- Flexible in Travelling to project villages.
- Use an appropriate and creative methodology to design and manage a research project, which may involve the use of quantitative or qualitative methods, may include both pilot and development work;
- Conducting research and preliminary analysis (e.g. surveys, face-to-face/telephone interviews, focus groups, etc.)
- Apply a range of research techniques to gather relevant information, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews.
- Undertake research on various developmental aspects including natural resource management and natural resource based livelihoods in the context of climate change.
- Publish research outputs in reputed peer reviewed journals; generate quality research reports, research briefs and policy briefs.
- Design and conduct research including but not limited to: field experiments, scoping reports, systematic reviews and other synthesis products, database development, concept and methods papers and impact evaluations.
- Involvement in writing project proposals, coordinate and follow up with stakeholders etc.
- Conduct trainings and capacity building events.