Public Health Foundation Of India, Meghalaya, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior Government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
A Regional Resource Hub for Health Technology Assessment in India (RRH-HTAIn) has been established at IIPH Shillong in collaboration with and funded by the Department of Health Research, MoHFW, and Government of India. The purpose of HTAIn is to support informed policy making through economic evaluation, cost effectiveness and related HTA studies. The RRH HTAIn for the northeast region at IIPH Shillong aims to contribute to develop transparent and comprehensive mechanism of HTA for prudent and better allocation of resources for improving equity and access to healthcare in India.
- Assist in evidence synthesis of different technologies and intervention assessments.
- Assist in evaluation of health policies and programs from an economic perspective.
- Work with the government and development partners to generate evidence in the area of cost effectiveness of health care programs.
- Explore e-learning or on-campus academic courses in the area of HTA.
- Develop, maintain and establish web-based source of HTA information.
- Responsible for assigned activities of the RRH under the guidance of the Supervisor.
- Assist in all project activities including literature review, preparation of study methodology, data collection and statistical analysis, report writing and dissemination of result.
- Liaison with government officials and health care professionals.
- Maintain log of work and processes and provide regular updates to PI and quarterly reports.
- Work with the team to prepare datasets for publication, and write documentation for published datasets, prepare project-related manuscripts, reports and presentations for varied audiences including donors and funding agencies.
- Any other task assigned by supervisors.
- MPH/ MA/MSc/PGD in Health Economics / Economics or any other equivalent degrees.
- MBBS or allied health qualification with interest and experience in health economics.
- Experience on conducting systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
- Experience of conducting full economic evaluation studies.
- Expertise in using statistical software’s such as/SPSS/Epi-Info/STATA/ADePT/Spreadsheet Programming will be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates from north eastern region.