Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium through ProtectHealth, which in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) initiatives to enhance access to financing in order to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes. ProtectHealth will specifically support the implementation of the UHC Law by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
The technical assistance (TA) extended by ProtectHealth will enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in the new UHC legislation. This TA includes key financing reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP.
- This position will serve as a member of the ProtectHealth data team.
- Employ statistical methods and analytical tools to support the provision of technical assistance to the DOH and PhilHealth with respect to health financing policy development, implementation and review
- Undertake scoping of survey and data collection protocols and instruments for the generation of health care utilization and financing information
- Conduct desk and literature reviews
- Process data using statistical software
- Analyze data and generate evidence to support health care financing reform initiatives
- Support project activities in terms of generating reports, briefs, and presentations
- Assist in organizing project trainings, workshops, and meetings with U.S. and field-based staff and key stakeholders
- Coordinate with project staff to track activity implementation and reporting
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- A degree or similar qualification in any field of Economics
- Master's degree is preferred
- Experience in the conduct of operations/implementation research is preferred
- Familiarity with survey and secondary data relevant to health financing policy such as the National Demographics and Health Survey (NDHS) and the Family Income and Expenditure Survey/Annual Poverty Indicators Survey (FIES/APIS) of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), TB and FP/MCH administrative data of the DOH, or the National TB Prevalence Survey (NTPS) is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and statistical packages such as Stata or equivalent software. Advanced data analysis and visualisation capabilities would be highly advantageous
- Effective communications skills, an ability to write effectively and to provide guidance and editorial support for staff from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the field of research, including university research, preferably in the field of health financing and health care reform
- Ability to manage competing priorities is preferred