Research Assistant, Product Development & Introduction
- FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
- This position will support the Product Development & Introduction Department by assisting with implementation and maintenance of contraceptive product development activities and clinical research studies. Responsibilities will include establishing and maintaining research/project files, supporting study related document development and review, partner communication, and implementation of study components based on standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and organizational policies. Project-specific administrative support will also be provided, including taking meeting minutes, tracking study activities and milestones, scheduling meetings and calls, etc.
- Performs a wide range of administrative duties for multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Meeting arrangements, including scheduling meetings and calls, drafting meeting agendas, taking minutes, etc.
- Travel arrangements, including coordinating schedules, drafting documentation required for travel, etc.
- Develops and maintains files for all assigned projects.
- Assists with drafting study documents such as logs, memos, agreements, etc.
- Assists with review of financial invoices.
- Maintains project timelines and action item lists.
- Utilizes electronic tracking systems for managing study documentation and IRB reviews.
- Supports development and review of assigned study-related documentation including protocols, monitoring plans, analysis plans, reports, and publications.
- Communicates with internal and external staff to ensure updates and the successful completion of study goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of clinical trial, pharmaceutical development, or public health research experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Organized, proficient at multi-tasking with exceptional attention to detail.
- Works on assignments that are varied in scope that require analysis or interpretation of the situation.
- Exercises good judgment within established procedures and practices to solve problems.
- Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Follows established procedures on routine work, receives instruction on new assignments.
- Reports to a Clinical Research Project Manager.
Technology to be Used:Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements:Less than 10%