WorldFish, Kedah, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Conduct research activities in Jitra Station related to GIFT and Red Tilapia.
- Implement and maintain systems for data capture, storage, retrieval and analysis of the above mentioned research projects.
- Assist in the development of research proposals, preparation of progress reports and final reports pertaining to project.
- Assist in the preparation of publications at the scientific, extension and popular press level, dissemination of the project results, and other publications as directed.
- Assist in planning and conducting Center sponsored conferences, workshops, training courses, field days and other such activities related to research, development and technology transfer.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining material on science projects for the WorldFish Center’s website.
- Assist in research activities in HQ Penang or in other locations as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Fisheries, Marine Biology, with proven experience in the conduct of experimental work with fish.
- Experience in conducting experiments with fish and in data collection and preparation
- Knowledge in aquaculture and fisheries.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Computer literate, preferably with a good background in statistics.
- Ability and willingness to work for long hours under difficult field conditions especially during fish breeding period, stay overnight when required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge in GIFT methodology, fish identification, and Hapa and artificial hatching methods, fish harvesting in different production systems (cage, pond, tank) and performance recording.
- This position will be based in Jitra, Kedah, Malaysia.
- The employment contract shall be for 3-years. It is a junior level position that is open to Malaysian nationals (NRS) only.
- Salary and benefits will be in compliance with WorldFish remuneration policies