Ipas, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The Research Associate-II is responsible for providing technical and managerial support for Ipas Bangladesh’s research, monitoring and evaluation efforts. S/he will work with the Ipas R&E team and its partner organizations and will provide scientific and administrative support for quality implementation of different routine and special studies. The Associate-II will also develop and maintain routine recordkeeping systems and procedures. S/he will work for full spectrum of data management will also work in preparing program/study reports, presentations and other dissemination materials.
- Provide technical and managerial support during implementation of routine and special R&E activities, including data collection, data management and documentation, and results reporting
- Assist in developing study design specially in developing tools, questionnaires, data management plan and other relevant activities.
- Translation/back-translation of study tools, questionnaires and pre-testing of study tools
- Prepare transcription of qualitative data including its translation.
- Actively monitors the progress of research activities through field visit
- Organize training and program review meetings to ensure quality implementation of study activities.
- Organize partners/stakeholders meeting and workshop for dissemination of R&E findings, both internally and externally, report preparation
- Ensure quality control and consistency with Ipas standards for R&E
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with technical and program unit staff in Ipas country office, headquarters office and partner NGOs.
- Carry out other duties as requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters in Statistics/Bio-Statistics/Applied Statistics or in related field.
- 3+ years of experience conducting evaluation and research in health-related programs. Experience in sexual and reproductive health would be preferred.
- Strong data management skills, including experience in developing data entry screen, data entry, cleaning and analysis.
- Strong quantitative research experience including demonstrated ability in the collection, management, analysis and presentation of quantitative data.
- Capacity in statistical computer software program specially STATA and Epidata in managing quantitative datasets.
- Skills to create reports and documents with tables, figures and other embedded elements and preparing presentation with use of technical visual aids including maps.
- Experience in developing and pre-testing of study tools and questionnaires and translating study materials from English to Bangla or V/V.
Skills and Behavioral Competencies.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel) and powerpoint.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills both in Bangla and in English;
- Integrity: Honest, above reproach and appropriate in actions / behavior and transparent in conduct.
- Result Oriented/ Focused: Ability to consistently meet set goals. Focused and goal oriented and takes initiative.
- Professionalism: Application of ethics, principles, standards and expertise in all areas of work.
- Teamwork, Interpersonal Relations: Works well with others and listens to their opinions to achieve the desired goals.
- Multi-cultural fit & Respect for Diversity: Ability to work effectively, respectfully and inclusively with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives is critical for all staff members.
- Communication: Ability to express oneself, share and exchange information clearly and in a timely style.
- Innovation & Creativity: Ability to generate new ideas and ways of working to continuously improve existing work processes, practices, concepts
- Attitude: Positive attitude for rapid learning and adopting Ipas Core Values in all programmatic work
- Sound understanding and experience in quantitative research including study design, sampling.
- Capability to use mapping softwares