FHI 360, Durham NC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
This position works closely with senior research staff to develop, implement, monitor, manage and/or conduct research studies. Quantitative data management and analysis is an essential component of this position. This position will work 20-25% of time as the lead research associate responsible for monitoring, evaluation and research for an implementation science nutrition award based in Bangladesh. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior research staff to conduct research studies by assisting with one or more major research activities (e.g. study development, project management, study implementation, data analysis, data monitoring, data management, paper/report writing). Will take the lead on one or more of these activities.
- Development of study related materials such as protocols, data collection forms, statistical analysis plans, IRB submissions and training materials.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Lead data management and quantitative analysis for assigned studies.
- Contribute to business development.
- MS/MA/MPH plus 5-8 years of relevant experience in research, evaluation, or study implementation. Nutrition expertise preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of nutrition research.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use electronic data processing systems to gather, store, retrieve and analyze data.
- Experience with relevant software packages e.g. Stata, SAS, or SPSS.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Experience with qualitative analysis and relevant software (e.g. Nvivo or Ethnograph) is an asset.
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions.
- Experience working/ conducting research in developing countries