Research & Communication Internship
International Centre for Migration Policy Development, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 18 Member States and active in more than 90 countries worldwide, ICMPD takes a regional approach in its work to create efficient cooperation and partnerships along migration routes. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 380+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
- ICMPD is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the Research and Communication Intern position for the European Union Global Diaspora Facility (EUDiF).
- EUDiF is the first-ever global effort aiming to strengthen collaboration and engagement between diaspora development organisations, countries of origin and the European Union (EU). The Facility, which runs from June 2019 until December 2022, is funded by the EU and implemented by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
EUDiF consists of four interlinking components:
- Research and knowledge management activities, including a global mapping of diaspora engagement and thematic case studies;
- Targeted capacity development activities for countries of origin and diaspora organisations;
- Outreach, consultations and meetings with diaspora organisations in Europe, EU partner countries and EU Member States;
- Mobilisation of diaspora experts for development projects.
- Together, these activities will generate a consolidated knowledge base on diaspora engagement practices, address the capacity development needs and priorities of governments and diaspora organisations, strengthen and expand pre-existing networks, formalise diaspora-EU interaction and promote diaspora as development actors.