Innovations for Poverty Action, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
IPA seeks a Research Coordinator/Manager to oversee a portfolio of three to five research projects, each staffed by Research Associates and Field Managers.
The Research Coordinator/Manager position is a unique opportunity to combine significant management experience with a direct involvement in cutting-edge development research. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to develop new projects in conjunction with the Country Director as well as staff development, systems enhancement, and policy outreach. Developing and fostering good relationships with government partners, donors, local stakeholders and implementing partners is another core element of the role.
This position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Research Coordinator/Manager will be responsible for the overall management of a portfolio of projects, each of which will be staffed with a permanent team of 1 or 2 staff and up to 150 short term staff during survey periods.
- Manage a portfolio of projects and work with Principal Investigators to ensure their adherence to research design, sample selection, data collection, data management and general research protocols, as well as overall project objectives timelines.
- Directly supervise permanent research staff, including project staff with an eye on their professional growth.
- Promote inter-project best practices and take a lead in sharing best practices with projects through formal and informal trainings.
- Keep the Country Director apprised of all developments on the projects within the portfolio, and serve as a key link between the field office, project staff, and Principal Investigators.
- Support or lead in the development of new projects, in coordination with the Country Director, as well as potential researchers, implementing partners, and donors.
- Work with field office staff to ensure sound human resource and operational management of projects;
- Take part in regular meetings with local government officials and other partners to ensure success of programmatic activities.
- Support the dissemination of interim results via presentations and reports to non-academic audiences.
- Degree in economics, political science, public health, public policy, or related fields (quantitative background preferred). A graduate degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative. Mastery of impact evaluation methodology and applications.
- Excellent management and organizational skills and ability to work independently. Two years of research or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Ability to convey information in an insightful and structured manner, both in written and oral presentations, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Experience developing and managing project budgets.
- Experience with Stata required.
- Excellent communication skills in English required.
- Proficiency in Bangla and experience working in South Asia not required.