Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
We are looking to fill an exciting research position that will be based in our Research and Knowledge Team. The Research and Knowledge Team supports the achievement of TI-S’ goals through the delivery of global research products and developing new, cutting-edge research products. It supports the organisation’s advocacy initiatives through the collection of robust evidence and meeting the research and knowledge needs of key stakeholders within the anti-corruption community.
As part of this mandate, you will work with our Chapters around the world in supporting their research needs and their efforts in conceptualising new research methodologies. Additionally you will play a relevant role in providing research support and quality control to the research products of the TI movement and, as required, you will provide research support to various quantitative/index multi-country projects and a variety of organisational tasks.
We are looking for an experienced researcher, used to working in multicultural environments where diversity is seen as an asset and is highly valued. You need to be flexible and be ready to be thrown off your routine with last minute asks. TI is a NGO and as such, we work in a fast-paced environment with limited resources. Hence, the ability to prioritise must be your second nature. More importantly you need to feel full alignment with and unwavering commitment to our mission – that of a world without corruption - and be laser-focussed on contributing to achieving this.
- Provide research support and technical expertise to the TI movement, with a special emphasis on research design and methodologies
- Develop and coordinate research tools and projects, including the implementation of multi-country research projects
- Oversee external consultants in the design of relevant research products, as well as develop and compile new research and knowledge products in support of TI’s 2020 strategic priorities (e.g. topic guides, training modules, working papers, scoping papers, anti-corruption briefs)
- Provide quality support to the TI movement, including peer-review and editorial oversight of research and knowledge products
- Promote and disseminate TI-S’ research products to the anti-corruption research community through various platforms, channels and outreach activities (e.g. blogs, social media, workshops and conferences and representing TI research at external events)
- Provide assistance on a wide range of tasks (e.g. editorial, administrative, organisational) when required, with scope to support other departmental projects, processes or work areas
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and learning activities
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Masters or equivalent in a relevant academic field (e.g. Political Science, Political Economy, Development Studies, Economics, Sociology or other related fields)
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience in social research with a with a track record of producing operationally and policy relevant research required
- Knowledge of relevant research methodologies required (e.g. qualitative and quantitative research methodologies such as expert survey and questionnaire design and analysis, comparative case studies, data analysis, interviews and focus groups)
- Extensive knowledge of anti-corruption, good governance and development fields required
- Strong editorial experience and writing skills required, coupled with good oral and communication skills
- Keen eye for detail and experience quality controlling others’ work
- Experience in using social media an advantage
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (incl. Excel), online communications and related applications
- Proven commitment to social justice issues
- Fluent in English, additional languages (in particular Spanish, French and/or Arabic) an advantage
- Willingness to travel