UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities, poverty and exclusion while protecting the planet. UNDP helps countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so they can sustain a multidimensional level of progress that extends beyond economic gains. UNDP has worked in India since 1951 in almost all areas of human development, from systems and institutional strengthening to inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods, as well as sustainable energy, environment and resilience. UNDP India is currently engaged in various renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives to support Government of India meet its international commitments like the NDCs and SDGs. One of such flagship initiatives is UNDP’s partnership with the International Solar Alliance (ISA). As part of this partnership UNDP is supporting ISA design and deliver solar energy programmes in least developed member countries. UNDP India is also in the process of planning and developing the energy programme for the upcoming Country Programme 2023-2027. The Research Intern- Energy will be guided by the National Project Manager – Energy to conduct research to support various strands of ongoing and planned work in the renewable and clean energy space.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of National Project Manager – Energy, UNDP India, the iintern is expected to:
- Conduct research on various renewable energy programmes and achievements in India to support the planning for UNDP’s energy programme portfolio
- Undertake research on solar energy related programmes in the ISA member countries to support developing relevant programmes under the ISA-UNDP partnership
- Conduct research on the discussions and deliberations carried out in the various events linked to the High-Level Dialogue on Energy and COP26
- Support the Energy Team, ensuring deliverables and activities in line with timelines, under ongoing renewable energy projects
- Providing inputs on different project documents that includes periodic project reports, monitoring & evaluation reports- baseline, midterm and end-term evaluation reports, different project specific studies
- Supporting the Energy Team on developing content for communications, such as the success stories, case studies, social media content, illustrations and videos from the ongoing international and national energy initiatives
- Follow the renewable energy developments in India and provide weekly updates
- Any other task as advised by the team.
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent designing skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in subjects such as Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change or relevant fields.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) on subjects such as Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change or relevant fields
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above).
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent understanding about gender development & mainstreaming & have understanding to analyze gender concerns in natural resources and food security issues such as climate change.
- Good understanding on issues such as national and international policy analysis, gender in health, domestic violence etc.
- Experience of working with/ volunteering with research institutes/ civil society organizations on gender research projects/ implementing or evaluating gender projects would be preferred.
- Ability to produce quality document with quick turnaround time.
- Experience in writing blogs, features, articles & documenting gender specific case studies would be an asset.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment
The application should contain:
- The completed “Application Form” provided in the link, which requires names of 3 referees.
- Current and complete CV in English;
- Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme;
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.
- Kindly note, UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months.
- Fluency in English, while understanding of Hindi is desirable