Provides support to the research department to assist with implementation and maintenance of research studies. Maintains, updates, and may establish various databases for tracking research studies. Maintains research files and responsible for ordering and shipping of supplies in coordination with all phases of the studies. Coordinates, reviews and develops study related documents and assists with data management, site communication, and implementation of study components based on standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Coordinates, develops, reviews, tracks and revises assigned study- related documents including protocols, SOP’s, monitoring plans, analysis plans, reports, and publications.
- Conducts data reviews to ensure quality and compliance standards.
- Performs administrative duties of purchasing supplies, assists with meetings and travel arrangements, training materials and prepares minutes and presentations.
- Develops and maintains central files, dossiers for IRB reviews, and sets up conference calls.
- Communicates with site staff to ensure updates and the successful completion of study goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are varied in scope that require analysis or interpretation of the situation.
- Exercises good judgment within established procedures and practices to solve problems.
- Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Follows established procedures on routine work, receives instruction on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
Education: Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of clinical trial or public health research experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.