CEEW seeks to hire multiple Research Interns, a position that will be crucial in adding to the dynamic research team at CEEW. CEEW offers an intellectually challenging and conducive work environment, with a focus on research rigour, innovative thinking, and strategic outreach. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join the interdisciplinary Renewable Energy (RE) team, which has a particular focus on understanding the value chain of the entire power sector in India.
The Renewable Energy team is one of the seven focus areas at the CEEW. Our work supports India’s - and the world’s - clean energy transition. It does so through timely, research-based interventions based on extensive policy, regulatory, and market analyses. The team also assesses, through surveys, India’s renewable energy jobs potential and skills requirement, the risks facing renewable energy investments, and designing strategic financial mechanisms to address the identified risks. We recommend applicants to visit the Renewables section on our website to get a flavour of our projects.
The successful applicant will assist the fellow researchers in undertaking robust quantitative and qualitative analysis. In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined below, intern should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities and respond to events and developments that cannot be anticipated easily.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
Successful candidate is expected to assist researchers in the RE team doing the following:
- Undertake rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis of market challenges and their impact on renewable investments
- Review large amounts of data and analyse information using a variety of mathematical tools and interdisciplinary methodologies
- Track market developments and engage with government, developers, financiers and other stakeholders
- Actively engage with industry stakeholders and government officials to communicate and create impact with research findings
- Conduct regular renewable energy related stakeholder meetings
- Contribute to other teams’ research objectives to the extent that your skillset adds value to the output, on request or otherwise
- Respond to research requests from senior researchers, discuss research needs, and prepare responses that synthesise and analyse information
- Assist with programme implementation, including help with preparing presentations and policy recommendations
- Assist with building a database and relationships with a wider community of experts, scholars, institutions and potential donors in the energy, environment and water domains
- Assist with planning and executing events such as report launches, consultation workshops, round table discussions, etc.
- Contribute to reports and other research products as part of the research team.
- Participate constructively in weekly team meetings
- Accompany the CEO and other team members for meetings with other stakeholders; prepare minutes of the meetings and assist with relevant follow up
- Enrolled in or completed Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree with specialisation in power system operations/ renewable energy/ finance/ economics/ actuarial science/ environment science/ public policy
- Keen interest in renewable energy markets, power sector, electricity markets, finance, regulations, energy transition, behavioural science
- Basic understanding of quantitative skills
Business experience (desirable)
- Some relevant work experience
- Experience in dealing with public and private institutions within and outside India
- Superior analytical abilities, effective oral and written communication skills are a necessary prerequisite
- Comfortable with numbers and ability to make sense out of large data sets
- Interest in finance, actuarial and risk science, energy finance and electricity markets
- Ability to manage time effectively to handle multiple requests at the same time
- Ability and willingness to work in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively as a team member
- Ability to analyse information and present in a clear and accurate manner both verbal and written
- Willingness to show initiative in order to handle unforeseen challenges
- Ability to work in multicultural teams
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CEEW offers competitive stipend to all the interns as per the company rules. A full-time position could also be offered based on the performance of the candidate during the internship.