Istanbul International Center for Private Sector in Development (IICPSD) is one of UNDP’s six Global Policy Centres. IICPSD supports the private sector and foundations to become transformative partners in development through research, advocacy for inclusive business, facilitation of public-private dialogue and brokering partnerships. IICPSD leads UNDP’s global work on private sector and foundations and supports UNDP’s offices all over the world.
IICPSD offers internship opportunities for outstanding graduate-level students. The research internship programme provides direct exposure to IICPSD's work as a center of excellence for private sector in development and inclusive markets. It is designed to provide support to IICPSD’s applied research and policy advisory services and to complement the interns’ practical experience in various issues related to private sector engagement, human capital development, impact investing in the achievement of SDGs as well as other topics of international development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties that the intern will be expected to carry out are:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on private sectors role in achieving the sustainable development goals;
- Provide research, writing and editing support on issues related to the role of private sector in skills development;
- Assist the organization of conferences, workshops or other events;
- Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects or programmes;
- Prepare relevant communications materials (speeches, brochures, success stories, social media materials etc.);
- Collaborate on the development and execution of online content (images, infographics, videos, blogs etc.) and campaigns delivered across various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Provide administrative support on an as-needed basis;
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude and strong communication skills;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office;
- Commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a second university degree programme (Master Degree)
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor Degree)
- have graduated with a university degree
- in fields such as economics, finance, business administration, international relations, public administration or similar and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Language: Fluent in English with excellent reading and writing skills.