Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies. More on: www.laterite.com
We are looking for an accomplished researcher to join Laterite’s senior management team and to lead research projects in our Rwanda office.
As a Research Manager based in Rwanda you will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and steering for research design, project management, analysis, and reporting to ensure we deliver value for our clients and use rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Proactively manage the country office, including structuring Laterite’s research agenda, contributing to corporate strategy, overseeing process improvements, and financial and personnel management.
- Design and lead training and professional development activities for the research team and the wider Laterite team.
- Build and manage the pipeline of research projects, turning internal research ideas into externally funded projects and designing evaluations for clients.
Our future colleague has:
- Demonstrated experience leading an organization, department, or program.
- Direct supervisory experience and demonstrated experience training and mentoring researchers.
- Demonstrated experience designing and overseeing complex research projects.
- Demonstrated experience building business pipelines and nurturing relationships with clients and stakeholders from the public and private sectors.
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5+ years of research or project management experience and at least 2 years in a management role leading projects in education, youth, public health, agriculture and/or urbanization.
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors
- Proficiency in STATA is a must-have.
This vacancy will remain open until filled.