UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
Child Multidimensional Poverty Index (CMPI)
- Support in calculating child multidimensional poverty index.
- Analyse CMPI for Bangladesh from different survey when required.
Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS-6)
- Support the finalisation of MICS-6 questionnaire, data collection training through CAPI, pre-testing and monitoring of data collection.
- Support quality controlling of primary data and provided feedback to field supervisor about data inconsistency, maintain MICS-6 database and responsible for preparing extracts from this database for use by senior management at country level, both in UNICEF and among counterparts.
- Support the above processes, support to data analysis, as well as country-specific quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Support to prepare policy guidance and adaptation of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, as well as monitoring the implementation in the Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) to assess trends and progress towards equity and child rights realisation.
- Support the develops concept notes on MICS Further Analysis workshops for specific topics, including potential audience, partners, tools, deliverables and timelines
- Provides logistic support for further analysis workshops, including invitations, organization of venues, agendas and administrative notes
- Interfaces with academic, UN and private sector partners to develop standard analysis tools for MICS further analysis workshops
- Support preparation of summaries and briefs of the reports from the relevant research and knowledge products generated by the programme;
Statistical analysis and Big analytics:
- Support basic and advanced statistical analysis of both primary data collected by UNICEF and secondary data generated from the different large scale household based surveys. For instance, multiple indicator cluster survey
- Support development of big data analytics department under department of statistics, university of Dhaka, thematic data briefs and data summaries;
Situation Monitoring and Assessment:
- Support to SPEAR section for a comprehensive situation assessment and monitoring system collectively owned by all key partners when required.
- Support in the management of statistical databases and contribution to the real-time monitoring systems at national level based on national household survey and ensuring that key indicators are readily accessible by key stakeholders.
- Support a Situation Monitoring and Assessment system owned by all key partners which supports the preparation of country level statistical and analytic reports on the status of children’s and women’s rights issues and of equity gaps
- In coordination with other stakeholders, where applicable support the collection of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other nationally or internationally agreed key social development indicators (through MICS or other surveys) to improve national planning.
Knowledge Management and Networking
- Support to maintaining the reports, data collection tools, policy briefs, infographic etc.
- Support UNICEF’s partnerships and networking are effectively supported by relevant evidence-based research and knowledge related to children in the country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
An Advanced University Degree in statistics or economics subjects;
- At least five years of responsible experience in data analysis, research and evaluation;
- Excellent analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Good familiarity with the UNICEF MICS surveys; DHS surveys;
- Strong knowledge on STATA, SPSS, ODK
- Excellent in written and oral communication skill in English
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.