Social Impac, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
Social Impact has been commissioned to conduct an evaluation to assess the Advancing Community Empowerment (ACE) project. The evaluation will assess the progress of ACE towards achieving intended outcomes, intermediate results, objectives, and overall goals relative to the current political context and impacts of COVID-19; identify best practices and lessons learned related to health, education, and multi-sectoral/integrated approaches to improving governance; and provide recommendations for the remaining two years of the ACE activity and future programming. The evaluation will include a desk review, primary data collection, and reporting, from October to April 2020.
SI is seeking a multi-talented and energetic individual to serve as a Research Specialist on the evaluation team. The Research Specialist will be responsible for contributing technical and contextual knowledge throughout the planning, data collection, analysis and reporting processes. They will also ensure that the data gathered adequately addresses the evaluation questions. The position is level of effort-based and will be approximately 30-35 days. The Research Specialist will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
- Support preparation of a data collection plan, specifically assisting the team in planning the logistics for a detailed data collection schedule and translating data collection protocols into local languages, as needed.
- Prior to fieldwork, support preparation of fieldwork logistics, such as hotel, ground transportation, and arranging meetings, under direction from the Team Lead and Social Impact management team.
- During fieldwork, support key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified stakeholders in Myanmar, through either interpretation or notetaking, depending on the team’s needs.
- Support the team in cleaning and analyzing data, as instructed by the Team Lead
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in degree in social sciences or relevant field
- Experience working in one of the following sectors: community development, health, education, or local governance.
- Able to speak, read, and write Myanmar language and English
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience in qualitative data collection/research, preferred
- Prior experience evaluating humanitarian or community development approaches and extensive knowledge of the operating environment in Burma.
- Prior experience in logistics/coordination of teams or events, preferred.