The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) seeks qualified applicants for positions as Research Support Assistants for projects on agriculture, education, environment, finance, health, labor, and governance in locations around the world. The projects study a variety of topics within the previously listed fields. The positions offer an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research.
This project aims to study impact of sexual harassment awareness and information intervention with men on their peers. We leverage a sexual harassment training program with multiple colleges at a University to study this question. We work closely with colleges (teachers especially) and NGOs to undertake surveys and also activities to measure impact and proposed mechanisms, understanding about college events and societies to understand the pathways of effects. This is a short term position.
Research Support Assistant Roles and Responsibilities:
The RSA will work closely with academic researchers, research associates and other project field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the implementation of field and project activities in association with our partner organizations.
- Maintaining relationships with partner organizations at b headquarters and field levels.
- Assisting with capacity building activities for project stakeholders.
- Monitoring implementation teams: train and supervise both field-based and data operations team consisting of field-based surveyors and supervisors.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of JPAL rules and regulations on the project.
- Producing daily data tracking sheets to monitor survey activity and ensure continuous follow-ups with partner organisations.
- Assisting with data analysis, and preparation of documents/presentations for dissemination.
- Work with PI on all the above.
- Maintaining regular communication with PI on survey progress, stakeholder communication and working closely with them to ensure smooth implementation of an extremely time bound survey schedule.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics (or related field).
- Prior experience with field data collection is desired but not necessary.
- Familiarity with impact evaluations and randomized controlled trials is required.
- Attention to detail, ability to solve unexpected problem and adaptability to unstructured and changing environments and project demands.
- Extremely flexible in dealing with emergencies, change in schedules, and dealing with stakeholders over phone and in person.
- Ensuring excellent communication and relationships with stakeholders.
- Willing to spend time on scheduling and organizing surveys and survey plans.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency in Hindi and English and strong communication skills are required.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Willingness to live in Delhi and undertake professional and respectful communication with college authorities.
- Basic knowledge of STATA or other data analysis tool.
- Experience living in a developing country and/or liaising with government officials is desired but not necessary.
- Proficiency in STATA (or other tools such as R, SPSS etc.) is desired.