ICRISAT, Hyderabad, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-confessional and non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and their partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Position: Research Technician under Digital Agriculture & Youth of Innovation systems
- Coordinate and support the data gathering and ground truthing in the implementation of Digital Agriculture projects including Big Data Platforms
- Travel and support any other evolving requirements during crop monitoring in growth seasons
- Support Project Teams by using open data sources and Platforms like Google Earth Engine and software RS/GIS
- Take ownership of necessary data collection, documentation, analysis part of the agreed project deliverables list including user manuals etc.
- Support activities within ICRISAT’s Digital Agriculture themes including organizing meetings and events with stakeholders
- Design and develop learning and other PR materials for Digital Agriculture team
- Bachelors degree in computer applications/ IT or related subjects
- Candidate should have at least 3 to 5 years of experience
- Good written and oral communications skills in English, Hindi and Telugu
- Willingness and aptitude to quickly learn and use new digital tools
- Prior experience in agriculture or allied sectors and working on open data sources and platforms (for more than two years).
- A proactive and approach to work with sincere aptitude in data format design and collection
- Experience in handling data cleaning and use of apps for ground truthing either in remote sensing (satellite and drones)
- Hands on experience of on-farm farmer participatory action research trials
- Expertise in GSE, RS/GIS, MS word, power points, excel, Share Point is desirable.
- Knowledge on how the application of Digital Agriculture may enhance crop monitoring, estimation and predictions using Big Data analytics.