United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor, the Research and Communication Officer will be responsible for ensuring the effective communications and dissemination of information of SELP project’s activities to key stakeholders including relevant government departments, project donors, civil society, academia, media and voters.
Communication and Information
- Draft newsletters and other communications products to generate awareness of the project activities and to share updates with the stakeholders, donors and partners
- Prepare daily media digest of election related top stories/ news and disseminate them to the SELP project team
- Monitor media for election related coverage and provide necessary analysis to CTA and project team
- Provide support in drafting of media releases, press statements and speeches for the events related to the SELP project
- Ensure all SELP project key events/launches/activities/pictures/ are profiled on the UNDP website
- Create election’s webpage and ensure regular election updates
- Work closely with the country communication unit and ensure success stories, interviews, case studies, pictures, quotations etc. are shared with them regularly
- Organization of roundtable discussions, seminars, consultative sessions, interviews, launches, etc.
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned directly linked to the SELP project activities
- Maintain a library of photographs, videos, stories, case studies, IEC material, publications, studies etc. of SELP project
- Record discussions and key decisions taken during the meetings, and also compile the event reports
Support to Election Commission of Pakistan
- Support ECP in drafting of newsletters, communication products and preparation of media kit
- Support ECP in conduct of media trainings for their own officers and for the journalists
- Support ECP in building the capacity of their PR wing to strengthen their public relations
Liaison with the ECP.
- Maintain a close liaison with PR wing and other relevant sections of the ECP and the Secretariat and Provincial Level through frequent information sharing and formal and informal meetings to ensure that activities in support of the ECP are planned and implemented in collaboration with the ECP, and
- Building and maintaining strong professional relationships with relevant counterparts.
- Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
- Master’s Degree in mass communication, social sciences, law, journalism, public administration, business admiration, or other relevant subject
- At least two years’ communication related experience at the national or international level organizations.
- Computer skills particularly in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Experience in election related activities is a plus
Skills and Experience Required
- Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignment
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=5249