Resource Development Manager
World Vision International(WVI), Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of the Resource Development function.
- Responsible of planning, ensuring efficient and effective deployment of time and talent to achieve Resource Development objectives.
- Advice and support the National Director (ND) in his/her engagement on matters related to resource development, donor engagement, external engagement and strategic positioning, public relations, partner engagement and development, and engagement of internal and external WV stakeholders in the area of resource acquisition.
- Lead the setting and implementation of resource acquisition plans within the context of the broader agenda for external engagement
- Serve on Senior Management Team (SMT) or equivalent and provide resource development information for decision making at SMT or Senior Leadership Team level
- Ensure that there is a clear understanding of structure, reporting lines, and responsibilities between departments and teams for acquiring and managing grants.
- Practice servant leadership and be a role model for WV staff and peers are partner agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a university degree in relevant field (such as international development rural development, community development, NGO leadership, technical sector, business/administration, or communications) or relevant equivalent experience. Master degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience of which at least 3 years are team management experience and of which 6 years are experience working in relief, development, or advocacy with government, NGO, UN agency, international organization, or multilateral organisation.
- Strong French oral and written skills required; ability to conduct meetings with external stakeholders in French. Ability to read and comment on proposals in French. (Desired: ability to write proposals in French.)
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Strong and significant track record in designing and writing winning narrative/technical and financial proposals for major institutional donors (e.g., USAID, USDA, EU, ECHO, DFATD (CIDA), AUSAID, UN agencies, World Bank, Global Fund, Gates Foundation).
- Knowledge/familiarity with requirements/regulations, framework, technical approaches, and philosophy of major bilateral, multilateral and foundation donors (knowledge of corporate donors preferred)
- Deep understanding of the proposal development process.
- Experience writing high quality reports for major bilateral, multilateral and foundation donors.
- Experience with staff management and mentorship in a cross-cultural environment; cross-functional management experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of child rights and community development.
- Experienced networker with a proven ability to maintain strong and up to date knowledge of grant opportunities and trends in international relief and development.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level and build close relationships with bilateral and multilateral donors and NGOs
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Solid public relations skills/experience (preferred)
- Knowledge, skills, and experience of developing and managing capacity building programmes (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of project management of grant funded projects (preferred)
- Proven ability to coordinate with multiple donors, World Vision support offices and funding mixes (preferred)
- Understanding advocacy theory, process and practice (preferred)
- Proven ability to build trust and relationshipsto work productively and to inspire teamwork with highly creative people across sectors countries and cultures even without line management authority.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
- Results orientated leader with the ability to handle a heavy work load work under pressure
- Manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organisational donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Strong organization and delegation abilities.
- High performance and quality standards.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Adept at both strategic and future planning while ensuring daily operations are functioning smoothly and deadlines are met.
- Leadership capabilities that includes coaching staff to high level of performance
- Creative individual with strong sense of vision discipline and rigor
- Strong commitment to WV’s vision mission and core values
- Committed Christian able to embrace denominational diversity.