Resource Development Manager
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- To develop fundraising as a ministry. To identify, cultivate, qualify and inspire major donors and supporters. To attract major gifts by engaging donors in VFIs strategy to make a real difference in the lives of children living in poverty, to empower women and unlock the potential in communities. To enable donors to support the work of VFI at country level but also both regionally and globally.
- To develop effective and influential relationships with new and existing major donors, through face-to-face meetings, written and telephonic communication, and special events.
- Sensitively, deliberately and professionally present the needs of the people VisionFund serves in a compelling manner to donors.
- Update major donors with comprehensive and timeous reports and success stories from the field, according to donor engagemnent plans.
- Appropriately engage potential and actual major donors with evidence of impact, articles, information and media about VisionFund/World Vision and development work that will inspire them.
- Meet activity targets and follow prescribed internal processes to deliver income targets.
- When required, travel with donors on VisionTrips to the field.
- To carry out ad hoc duties which may be required to ensure VisionFund maintains its effectiveness.
- To make the team one of prayer determined to be effective stewards of God's resources. Working with the Senior Resource Development Manager and the Fundraising.
- Director, to conceive, manage and execute a major donor programme in Singapore to effectively engage this specific segment of donors. To raise support for microfinance and economic development, as approporiate to the market country.
- Where appropriate to equip staff, volunteers, as well as major donor advocates themselves with the relevant tools and understanding to be effective ambassadors for VisionFund.
- To promote VisionFunds profile at strategically significant philanthropic gatherings, conferences or forums.
- Comprehensive prospect research and database screening in conjunction with the Fundraising Coordinator to identify potential major donor prospects.
- Working closely with WV Support Office to identify existing donors with capacity and inclination to become major donors to microfinance.
- By comprehensive research,deliberate donor corresponsdence and face to face meetings nurture and qualify these potential donors for the Major Donor Programme.
- Create individual, bespoke donor development plans using specific and clearly thought out steps (touch points) to engage donors, solicit financial gifts and steward donors. Nurture relationships in order to transform their lives, understanding of the issues WV focus on and experience with VisionFund specifically.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Substantial proven knowledge and practical experience in fundraising or sales at a high level. Experience meeting targets and performance as part of an ambitious team.
- Solid verbal, written communication and listening skills, and comfortable with senior, influential prospects.
- Excellent demonstratable knowledge of the high and ultra high net market within Singapore.
- Min 10 years in fundraising, development, financial or corporate sales environment dealing with senior executives and people of influence or wealth.
- Previous experience in humanitarian, international development or financial institutions a plus.
- This person has had direct experience working with high net worth or ultra high net worth individuals (HNWI and UHNWI) and whilst has a heart for the poor, can fit into corporate boardrooms.
- Has experience of working with private individuals, family foundations and or corporates.
- Ideally a member of a country or sector specific fundraising industry body e.g. Institute of Fundraising, Association of Fundraising Professionals etc.
- Must be able to provide very personalised service to prospects and donors whilst not losing sight of the big picture and broader fundraising goals.
- Must be culturally very sensitive as will work with potential donors and associates from every area of the world.Able to provide constructive feedback and inspire improvement amongst team members relevant to Singapore context.
- Flexibility; able to adapt to frequent change, varied work conditions and diverse groups of individuals. Flexibility on hours to contact travelling executives and people within wide time zone differences is required.
- An excellent networker, understanding of others needs and able to build both broad buit also deeper relational network. Very comfortable talking to donors, and all audiences.
- Well connected to the social and corporate markets in which this person will prospect.
- Can manage pressure constructively and maintain a positive outlook. Is persistant and responds to challenges resourcefully. Takes accountability for actions.