PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Resource Development Manager provides leadership in growing and managing WVIN’s resource acquisition pipeline as well as in designing WVIN’s Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) systems and ensuring they are implemented effectively to meet donor requirements. The role requires strategic programmatic thinking and innovation – it leads on the development of the resource acquisition strategy and works closely with the Associate Programmes Director (PD) to develop new business offerings and products to appeal to various markets and deliver on WVINs Country Strategy.
The position is responsible for managing the Resource Development unit and leading cross-functional teams in the development of winning grant project designs and proposals. The Resource Development Manager provides the final review and edit to all proposals ensuring they meet quality standards. The position leads on relationship management with SOs related to new resource acquisition and is also responsible for overseeing the liaison and reporting to donors and SOs during grant/PNS project implementation. The position oversees effective handover processes for awarded projects to Operations division for implementation. The position often leads on brokering partnership agreements with peer organisations for grant consortiums, and coordinates with National Director, Operations and Programmes Director, Associate Programme Director, Public Engagement Director and Technical Managers to help ensure relationships, reputation and strategic positioning are built with donors in Nepal.
Strategy and System Development:
- Together with Associate Programme Director, develop and implement strategy to grow WVIN new resource pipeline to 60% of income by 2020.
- Develop and ensure effective implementation of GAM systems, including business processes, risk management, go-no-go decision making, documentation, monitoring and tracking systems, etc.
- Provide regular updates to Senior Leadership Team on grant pipeline progress. Early identification and escalation of issues in grant performance to ensure risks are managed.
- Contribute to WVIN national and sector strategy development considering donor landscape and needs in Nepal.
- Ensure grant projects align and contribute to WVIN national strategy outcomes and targets.
Grow the WVIN GAM pipeline:
- Manage the Resource Development unit within the programmes to ensure quality proposals are developed and submitted to donors; review, edit and ensure the ultimate quality of all proposals submitted.
- Work together with the Associate Programmes Director to develop a pipeline of new business offerings and products that appeal to various markets and deliver on WVINs Country Strategy.
- Monitor, identify, review and pursue steady stream of grant funding opportunities.
- Review grant funding opportunities and facilitate go-no-go decision making processes with Senior Leadership Team.
- Facilitate cross-functional project teams to develop strong grant project designs.
- Ensure WVI minimum project design standards and documentation standards are met.
- Ensure WVI project design requirements are met for all proposed projects and quality design processes are followed using international best practice and programmatic processes (problem identification, log frame development, M&E planning etc.).
- Ensure proper management of documents on resource acquisition and management.
- Liaise with Operations to ensure quality reporting is delivered on time to donor and support offices on grant projects and ensure that reporting requirements are met
Stakeholder Relationship Management (Institutional donors and WVI support offices):
- Coordinate with ND, OPD, APD and Technical Teams to ensure the organization builds networks, relationships, reputation and positioning with grant donors and potential consortium partners in Nepal.
- Lead on brokering consortium partnerships with peer organizations to build the most compelling grant proposals.
- Oversee liaison with SOs related to new resource acquisition and management; maintain regular dialogue and conduct regular meetings with WVI support offices and donors to build relationships, trust and strategically position WVIN as a priority partner for funding opportunities.
- Develop strategies and plans for effective stakeholder relationship management.
- Work collaboratively with WV Support Offices to develop strong grant proposals and meet deadlines.
- Work with P&C to recruit and effectively manage RDU unit staff.
- Conduct all required performance management processes, including managing staff professional development plans.
- Assess WVIN staff capacity with regard to grants acquisition and management.
- Develop capacity building plan and deliver training and activities to build the necessary grants acquisition and management skills of key staff across WVIN.
- Conduct fortnightly staff meetings and one-to-one sessions to provide regular coaching and mentoring with all direct reports and other key staff within RDU.
Professional and Personal Development:
- Demonstration and understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships.
- Performance review completed and personal development goal achieved.
- Update information and knowledge gathered through participation of meeting, training, workshop and exchange visit.
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by the line manager to support the quality of programming for WVIN.
- Support a relief response for the relevant sector or as a member of the National Disaster Management Team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master degree in a development-related field.
- Excellent writing skills required to develop grant proposals and reports , capture results and evidence, Clear thinking skills.
- Knowledge of international best practice in project design and program design (e.g. problem analysis, pathways of change, logical framework, development of results frameworks, targets and budgeting etc.)
- At last 3 years’ experience in developing winning proposals for donors such as USAID, DFID, DFATD, DFAT, JICA, World Bank, ADB, Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation and other donors.
- Manage staff or cross-functional teams to meet deadlines and deliver quality outputs under pressure.
- Has prior Experience working in Nepal, Asia or field context.
- Prepare and lead GAM skills training workshops or other capacity building.
- Experience in developing and managing implementation of strategy and work plan.
- Be able to manage and successfully grow institutional donor relationships.
- Write and deliver quality reporting for variety of institutional donors.
- Partner with building consortium partnerships with INGOs, NGOs, private business, faith-based organisation or academic institutions for grant projects.
- Grow the WVIN resource acquisition pipeline and build a steady stream of grant and PNS funded projects (equating to 60% of WVIN income by 2020).
- Contribute to strategic programmatic thinking and innovation, working together with the Associate Programmes Director (PD) to develop a pipeline of new business offerings and products that appeal to various markets and deliver on WVINs Country Strategy.
- Coordinate with ND, PD and Technical Managers to build strategic relationships and positioning for funding opportunities with key institutional donors and WV support offices.
- Ensure effective systems are in place for successful grant and PNS project management meeting donor specific requirements and expectations.
- Establish and ensure implementation of an effective Grant Acquisition and Management system within WVIN.
- Build capacity of all relevant WVIN staff to develop necessary grant acquisition, project design and management skills, to ensure donor requirements are met.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding the Humanitarian Industry.
- Practice accountability and integrity, and be able to Communicate information effectively.
- Demonstrate Christ-centre life and work and be able to maintain work lie balance and effectiveness.
- Understanding the Humanitarian Industry and World Vision’s mission and operations.
- Build collaborative relationships and be able to Practice gender and cultural diversity.
- Practice Innovation and creativity.
- Demonstrate facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Environment/Travel: This position will be based in Kathmandu with up to 30% travel to remote districts