Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
Financial Management of Country Office Work Program and Resources:
• Accountability: Under the supervision of the Senior RM Officer, and the general direction of the CAO, responsible for the effective financial management of country office expenses. Oversee the country office accounting function, including preparation of Monthly Submission Report, commercial bank account reconciliation, petty cash replenishment.
• Budget Planning & Monitoring: Work closely with the Senior RM Officer in planning of expenses for day-to-day running of the country office, and report to SRMO and country management on expenses throughout the FY. Support SRMO and country management in formulation and preparation of the work program agreement and its monitoring.
• Cost Analysis and Effectiveness: In coordination with Senior RM Officer, compile and analyze cost data at the country office level, measuring effectiveness and proposing solutions as needed. Undertake comparison of costs among different providers, seeking the best value for the Bank.
• Cash Balance: Ensure that unit has optimum cash balance in commercial bank. Prepare cash flow projections. Review accounting transactions, reconciliation reports, open-item reports, monthly accounting reports, scorecards, quality assurance reports
• Payments: Calculate, prepare and make payments for the country office against all expense categories for IBRD.
Financial Control and Fiduciary Responsibilities:
• Support internal controls framework of financial transactions and business operations to ensure financial integrity is maintained, including review of effectiveness of the internal control systems and monitoring, and providing advice for strengthening framework
• Work with SRMO and Country Management to ensure a strong control environment in the office
• Provide guidance, advice, interpretation and recommendations to Country
Management and staff on RM policies and procedures
• Ensure that audit and quality assurance review recommendations are implemented
• Coordinate year-end letter of representation exercise for the country office
• Coordinate preparation of Accounting Scorecard responses, and implement recommendations
• Maintain consistency in the application of accounting rules and procedures, including safeguarding of cash and check
• In coordination with the administrative team, ensure that Bank’s assets and inventories are appropriately recorded and safeguarded
• Coordinate and provide support for the local administrative procurement of supplies, goods and services
• Help in development of administrative policies and practices in consultation with other units for the efficient and effective operation of the country office.
• Liaise with local commercial house bank
Analysis, Monitoring, Reporting and Communicating:
• Proactively establish and maintain interface with the client, providing high caliber support
• Organize and monitor work of junior staff and Transaction Specialist
• Review accounting transactions, reconciliation reports, open items reports, monthly accounting reports and communicate findings to the SRMO, the CAO and CO Management.
• Monitor and review country office budget and expenses, identifying/resolving
issues and discussing them with the SRMO and country office management
• Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments and other day-to-day transactions
• Ensure effective back-up arrangement and timely submission of tasks/outputs
• Provide support to managers and staff in accessing management reports available in SAP and other information systems
• Analyze costs, including forecast of year-end budget status.
• Ensure compliance with specific institutional and regional guidelines
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the HRBEN/local interface with particular focus on financial assistance and IRS staff housing modules
• Communicate staff rules and procedures to all staff on a regular basis
• Maintain interaction with suppliers to enhance purchasing conditions.
• Minimum Education: Relevant Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Business, Finance) OR completion of the RM Board-sponsored Supplementary Education Criteria Program (SEC)
• Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 3 years of experience in a relevant field, e.g. accounting, Financial Auditing, Finance.
How To Apply:
• If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?pagePK=8454041&piPK=8454059&theSitePK=8453353&JobNo=161609&contentMDK=23158967&order=descending&sortBy=job-req-num&location=ALL&menuPK=8453611&JobType=Professional%20%26%20Technical&JobGrade=GE