Resource Mobilization Analyst
United Nations Population Fund, New York, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Resource Mobilization Analyst post is located in the Resource Mobilization Branch, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships. The incumbent is expected to work in a proactive manner under the supervision of the Chief, Resource Mobilization Branch, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships. The incumbent of the post is responsible for the preparation and analysis of UNFPA's revenue reports, income scenarios, donor trends and emerging issues, as well as the monitoring of regular contributions revenue from all donors. The incumbent manages voluntary regular contribution records of donor Governments and ensures the integrity of the data utilized by senior management, Country Offices and Donor Governments. He/She prepares contribution-related reports, statements and briefing notes and provides advice to Country and Regional Offices on the application of operational guidelines. Innovation of data representation and analysis will be a focus.
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
- The purpose of the job is to help secure financial resources necessary to sustain UNFPA's operations and to provide the relevant analysis and information to senior management and donors in issues relating to resource mobilization. This would include the incumbent's contribution in accounting and providing all substantive and analytical information on regular contributions revenue.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in business management, public administration or other related Field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in work related to international development
- Knowledge of Accounting
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA's agenda, policies and procedures, is highly desirable.
- Initiative, strong conceptual and analytical abilities, sound judgment, strong interest in development work,
- Excellent working knowledge of computer and its various softwares such as the Microsoft applications, e.g. Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; extensive knowledge in database software and ATLAS contracts module applications
- Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.