Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Specific responsibilities, tasks and activities:
1. Programming and funding
- Search and analyse EU and other European funding opportunities for World Vision in the field;
- Develop EU Development proposals, with particular emphasis on: 1. Developing a ‘pipeline of proposals’ for submission to the European Commission. 2. Where relevant, building proposal consortia with.international NGOs, UN and other stakeholders. 3. Identifying the needs for technical assistance to enable production of high quality applications. 4. Providing support, coaching and advice during the process of proposal development and writing applications and grant implementation. 5. Ensuring inclusion of appropriate internal and external stakeholders in the application development process and input from potential partners;
- Liaise with European Commission staff in Delegations and in Brussels headquarters to prepare high quality applications to the European Commission and, if necessary, lead the process of gathering intelligence on funding opportunities in the field;
- Liaise with World Vision’s Grants Acquisition and Management (GAM) staff at global level and in Regional and National World Vision Offices, Technical Experts and Sector Specialists providing training and guidance to GAM staff on EU funding opportunities, grant applications and grant compliance;
- Keep track and monitor changes in current EU and EC policies and regulatory documents and information sources regarding programming and EU development funding and EuropeAid grant compliance;
-Attend relevant civil society working groups and meetings taking place in Brussels or beyond that are related to funding of Development and Humanitarian Aid. Contribute to meetings of the EPRG (European Program Reference Group) and to WV EUREP capacity-building activities on EU grant acquisition and management;
- Any other activities contributing to the achievement of WV EUREP’s strategic objectives for EU funding.
2. Effective communications and information exchange on grants related issues
- Support and, if necessary, lead World Vision National, WV Regional Offices and WV Support Offices in communication process with the European Commission and other international donors.
- Disseminate EC funding related information to World Vision Support Offices, Regional Offices, National Offices and other relevant World Vision constituencies.
- Give individual advice to GAM units in Regional Offices and National Offices of World Vision as well as Support Offices on EC funding opportunities and requirements.
- Respond to requests for EC and WV information and publications;
The profile of the successful candidate is as follows, with the following essentials requirements:
- A proven personal track record of successfully acquiring EU development and humanitarian funding.
- Excellent personal contacts, connections and reputation within the principal stakeholder environment in Brussels and beyond.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of working in resource acquisition within international development.
- Excellent knowledge of current EU funding instruments and aid structures of the European Commission.
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and French.
- Able and willing to travel regularly to the field for periods of one to two weeks.
- Wholehearted support for World Vision’s core values and Christian identity.
- To be a either a citizen of an EU member state or have a valid residence and work permit for Belgium (Nota Bene: WV EUREP is unable to assist candidates in obtaining the required residence and work permits)
- Good understanding of wider project management processes and procedures in the NGO sector.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in economics, politics, international relations or a field relevant to World Vision’s mission.
- Good command of Spanish will be an asset.
- Ability to work with multi-stakeholder teams, to coordinate technical inputs and to work well under pressure.