PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Development and Marketing Advisor will be responsible for developing, innovating and building high potential fundraising and marketing strategies to meet the funding needs of the initiative. Because RIL is a partnership between multiple partners, including three leading international NGOs (WorldVision International which acts as global host, Oxfam Great Britain and Save the Children International), who each operate country labs adhering to the RIL model, fundraising responsibilities are shared among a number of entities. The primary role of the Development and Marketing Advisor is therefore to develop and implement a strategy that will mobilize and assist these various external fundraisers in articulating and prioritizing the RIL offer. This will require developing marketing content adapted to various donor profiles (Government aid agencies, foundations, corporate CSR units, high net worth individuals) and fundraising needs (local lab operations, global project support), ensuring public access to relevant RIL content (website, social media, press releases), and developing an appropriate business case for the initiative as a whole.
This is a unique opportunity to apply a range of marketing, fundraising and advocacy skills to an exciting endeavor and unique experiment in global collaboration.
- In collaboration with the Global Director, the Program Director and the country lab staff and the global RIL partners, identify, track and capitalize on funding opportunities from a broad range of donors through compelling, customized business cases for RIL and its proposed programming.
- Based on the fundraising strategies, business case, needs of fundraisers and work of the labs, develop high quality content tailored to appropriate internal and external audiences and to a wide range of media.
Internal and external marketing:
- Working with global Executive Committee Members and other agency focal points, develop and mobilize a network of fundraisers who will actively support and prioritize resource mobilization for RIL among their agency’s donor base.
- Marketing RIL externally as an attractive partner, funding/investment recipient and thought leader in the humanitarian innovation field via strategic positioning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 6+ years as a Marketing/New Business/Product Development Senior-level Manager, with demonstrated results in helping projects or organizations mobilize significant funding from external sources.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting projects in the field of emergency relief, humanitarian affairs, international development, disaster risk reduction, foreign aid advocacy or similar.
- Degree in Marketing, CommunBusiness or Social Sciences.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people internationally particularly those in funding and fundraising roles, and across sectors (public, private, academic, government).
- Proven success in creating and launching consumer-focused new product development and innovations (more than one) that demonstrated clear sustainable business models.
- Significant experience in content development.
- Experience in competitive proposal capture and writing.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Superior Marketing acumen and creativity.
- Negotiation and relationship building and successful record of achieving collaborative relationships.
- Marketing analytic skills.
- Experience and demonstrated mastery of direct response marketing such as customer relationship management, branding, digital media, major donor and corporate marketing, and donor retention and loyalty.
- Demonstrated success leading a business unit that delivered revenue and profit growth.
- Experience working in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated global management experience and cross-cultural understanding.