Results, Learning and Research Manager
Mercy Corps, Monrovia, Liberia
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Oversee Data Management to Support Adaptive Management
- Oversee the functioning of Prospects’ Phase II data collection tools, MIS and dashboard interface and strategize upgrading/redesign for Phase III.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of data being generated from existing systems, including assessment of key indicators at the outcome and output levels.
- Manage feedback loops to provide timely and relevant information to impact program design and implementation.
Evaluation and Design
- Lead development and implementation/oversight of evaluations for Phase II of the program.
- Leverage M&E information to support the Prospects senior management team in the design of Phase III.
Research Projects on Youth Employment
- Lead the program’s research and learning initiatives, in coordination with program management, in order to generate learning on key questions concerning youth employment, entrepreneurship, and broader questions of youth engagement in Liberia.
- Function as Series Editor for Prospects Learning and Practice papers and lead national and international dissemination efforts, working with teams from HQ, to ensure that the Prospects learning agenda contributes to the wider learning and policy on youth issues
- Function as principal investigator or manage consultants for potential large research projects undertaken in Phase III.
Communication and Influence
- Develop positive working relationships and coordinate/collaborate/partner with relevant learning stakeholders, including relevant Government ministries, NGOs, UN entities, and private sector employers.
- Participate in a variety of external forums/workshops/conferences/sector coordination meetings to share best practices and findings of the project with the government, key stakeholders and the wider development community.
Team Management and Capacity Building
- Conduct capacity building with staff from the Results, Learning and Research team, as well as other program staff, on M&E issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 – 4 years of experience in design and management of impact monitoring and evaluation systems for field-based development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in knowledge management and data collection, data analytics and data systems management.
- Experience developing and using Management Information Systems (MIS), including mobile-based monitoring systems and dashboards.
- Experience using CommCareHQ a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing iterative learning systems or ‘feedback loops’ within relevant programs.
- Experience developing networks and/or using data/research to influence policy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relevant research methodologies, and to produce high quality research products.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience in training and capacity building of team members and partners.
- Experience directly managing projects or measuring results in youth programming a plus.