Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
Project Overview and Role
- The Australian Vietnam Women's Economic Empowerment Program (VWEEP) is a proposed five--ear program with scope for a five-year extension, focusing on two key provinces of the North-West Region: Son La and Lao Cai.
- The program will seek to improve the social and economic status of women in these two provinces by improving their equitable engagement in the agriculture and tourism sectors, through a range of interventions to be determined during the inception phase.
- All candidates must have experience working in Vietnam.
- In preparation for an upcoming request for tender Palladium are looking for expressions of interest for Results Measurement and Learning (RML) Advisor candidates to be based in Hanoi from early 2017.
- 10 or more years professional experience or equivalent in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods for monitoring and impact measurement;
- Experience developing monitoring systems for donor-funded development programs;
- Experience of developing research frameworks and partnerships with research institutions including Universities;
- A sound understanding of statistics and quantitative measurement using a variety of survey instruments and analysis techniques;
- Excellent writing, speaking and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong ability to multi-task and to handle complex programming challenges;
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender equality and social inclusion results measurement approaches for economic growth programs;
- Knowledge of multi sectoral rural economic development issues in Vietnam.
- Proficiency in Vietnamese a strong asset;
- Strong understanding of Women?s Economic Empowerment issues in Vietnam and internationally;
- Familiarity with the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DECD) standard for results measurement for private sector development programs;
- Understanding of Vietnamese government systems at national and subnational level.