Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• The Unit is looking for a Results Measurement Specialist (Agribusiness in Asia) with at least 5 years’ experience with private sector operations, operations and social research, results measurement and/or project management, including significant experience in agribusiness.
• There is some flexibility in where the position can be based within East and South-East Asia.
• Preferred locations include Vietnam (Hanoi, HCM City) and Bangkok.
• The candidate is expected to have an advanced degree in economics, finance, international development, management sciences, business administration, statistics or agricultural sciences.
• This is a strategic support and implementation role focused on monitoring the quality of programs and project-specific results measurement work and advising operations staff on best practices.
• Experience in the agribusiness and manufacturing sectors is a plus.
In this role, the incumbent, supporting the development and implementation of operations and strategies in MAS Agribusiness, agri-finance Programs, will:
Development, oversight and coordination of Results Measurement Frameworks
• Work with Advisory project teams in the Agribusiness and Forestry throughout the project lifecycle to ensure consistent application of results measurement frameworks and methodologies.
• Incorporate, adjust and ensure the best use of DOTS results measurement frameworks into investment design, and support articulation of the development impact of agribusiness investments in Board Papers.
• Perform/provide technical oversight to on-site program audits and surveys, to assess project implementation and results.
• Shape continuous improvement of results measurement work for agribusiness by providing feedback and best practices to the Development Impact Group, MAS Global Industry Department, methodologies and tools in Agribusiness and Forestry.
• Develop results measurement frameworks for select Joint Implementation Plans.
Data quality assurance
• Monitor data quality, strengthen and improve quality where necessary for Advisory and Investment operations.
• Collate and verify information for the IFC’s Development Goals IDG 1 on agribusiness and support the implementation of target setting for the IDGs.
• Ensure standards for quality of project documents and DOTS ratings, accurate reporting and evidential support for results reported, working with project teams to resolve potential problems.
Evaluation and business analytics
• Design, commission, oversee and conduct evaluations implemented within Asia in Agribusiness.
• Disseminate regional evaluation findings with the RM Network and to operations colleagues.
• Work with IFC clients to create business cases, test and experiment on changes in business models.
• Generate evaluation lessons and analytics to assess and report on the poverty impact of agricultural value chains and contribute to the development of country models.
Results training and capacity development
• Train regional management and staff on results measurement related to Agribusiness.
• Develop client capacity for results measurement in Agribusiness.
Generate business intelligence and communicate development results
• Collate and share intelligence on development of regional markets.
Communicate regional Agribusiness results and findings internally and externally to share findings and best practices, and to create value for clients.
• Advanced degree in economics, finance, international development, social sciences, marketing, management sciences, business administration, statistics or agricultural sciences.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience with private sector operations, market research, agricultural research, results measurement and/or project management, particularly in Agribusiness.
• Experience with private sector in emerging markets or international financial institutions is essential.
• Knowledge of IFC investments or investments of other international financial institutions a strong plus.
Knowledge of IFC’s corporate environment and the context, trends, concerns and on-going events within IFC regional strategies is a plus.
• Strong project management expertise
• Additional specialty requirements:
• Training in market research, market mapping and value chain assessment
• Knowledge of the Making Markets Work for the Poor Approach (M4P)
• experience with Business Analytics or survey research
•Expertise in participatory rural appraisal and gender equality analysis
• Solid knowledge, understanding and ability to apply results measurements methods
Subject matter expertise:
• oK nowledge of organization-specific technologies, software, databases and systems, as they relate to Management Information Systems of lead agribusiness firms
• Knowledge of key regional crops and value chains, including rice, coffee, palm, cacao, aquaculture/fisheries, forestry and/or sugarcane
• Analyze and interpret data to contribute to strategy documents, and donor reports
• Excellent Oral and written communication in English. Other language fluency is a plus
• Demonstrated ability: