At WFP, we are looking for an international and talented Retail Supply Chain Officer hired as a P3 in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh that will be involved in providing strategic and operational support to increase the purchase power and availability of products for beneficiaries.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Design and implement WFP's Retail Supply Chain Strategy for your Country Office aligned with the operational requirements.
- Collaborate with meaningful stakeholders to develop an engagement strategy for main retail partners.
- Evaluate and streamline the retail network to remove inefficiencies, support nutrition goals, secure the best value for beneficiaries and increase their purchase power by implementing demand planning, sourcing and delivery capabilities, improving assortments and supplier selection, or achieving discounts.
- Collaborate with partnered shops to provide consistent retail planning capabilities.
- Partner closely with your other Units' colleagues, specially Programme, Finance and IT, to ensure consistency of programmatic outcomes.
- Collaborate with your team to transition from In-Kind Transfers to Cash-Based Transfers (CBT) while ensuring appropriate pipeline management.
- Provide your support to understand the financial impact of different solution modalities and to recommend the optimal solution mix to be implemented (i.e., In-Kind & Cash or Voucher & Cash).
- Implement all tasks related to CBT activities entrusted to Supply Chain Unit, such as retail assessment, retailer contracting and, voucher verification and reconciliation.
- Collect, measure, and analyze the impact of Retail Supply Chain’s involvement by generating, monitoring and reporting on relevant performance indicators to support decision-making.
- Propose and establish the most effective price gathering, reporting, and negotiation mechanism aligned with other Units and the contracted retailers.
- Actively promote improvements to payment terms in return for enhanced terms from retailers.
- Train and develop your colleagues and key partners in Bangladesh continuously.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, onboarding, training, and retention of the functional national staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum five years of senior-level retail sector experience with large retail chains, wholesalers and distributors in operational and strategic Supply Chain in dynamic industries (i.e., Consumer Goods, Fashion & Apparel, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical or other relevant sectors).
- Professional experience in an international context (preferably in developing countries) and expertise in the improvement of retail supply chains efficiency, with impact on consumer shelf prices.
EDUCATION: Advanced University Degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field or First University Degree with additional years of relevant work experience and training.
LANGUAGE: Fluency (level C) in English language and intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
You should demonstrate to have experience in:
- Retail network design, supplier selection, merchandising, retail planning, buying, negotiation, allocation, replenishment, and in-store operations.
- Leading supply chain operations and coordinating with internal and external partners in emergency operations.
- Handling capacity building initiatives and relationships with UN Agencies, NGOs, Private Sector or Government Organizations.
- Implementing supply chain initiatives to achieve cost efficiency, and increase agility, reliability, and quality.
- Monitoring operational success and operational risks to implement corrective actions.
- Supervising, mentoring and training team members.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.