"Please note that this position is only for National"
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
RISK MANAGER must help establish a thriving culture of risk management and mitigation at all levels of the organization to ensure the fulfillment of our promise and our national strategies.
Demonstrate leadership to facilitate and advise all departments in risk assessment and the design of risk management programs within their own departments:
- Develop training modules;
- Develop the training plan;
- Develop risk management tools;
- All department employees must be trained and made aware of risk management;
- All staff in the departments must be able to explain what risk management is;
- All departments must be prepared to avoid risks.
Provide appropriate training to all department employees:
- A risk register exists and contains all the risks with the specification of the priority level (risks linked to finance, security, contracts, program quality, etc.);
- The register is regularly maintained and updated;
- Risk monitoring reports are issued after risk monitoring;
Engage the country's security adviser and agents to identify specific security risks and support mitigation measures:
- All security risks are mapped and their mitigation measures are provided;
- All department staff understand security risks;
- All the staff of the departments are ready to avoid security risks;
Support the MEAL teams in the implementation and review of the accountability mechanisms and, if necessary, identify the main risks:
- An accountability mechanism exists for each project;
- MEAL teams use the accountability mechanism.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION and / or experience
- L2 Diploma in Accounting (With sufficient experience in auditing).
- A Masters in Business Administration is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Thorough practical knowledge of grant accounting.
- Knowledge of the preparation, review and presentation of financial statements and financial reports.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to establish and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Have an experience of at least 7 years in the accounting field and with International Organizations.
- Easy oral and written expression in French is required.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
- Attitudes and behavior
- World Vision is an NGO whose work is focused on children. Thus World Vision reserves the right to eliminate any candidate who has a history of child abuse or behavior contrary to the protection of children; even after the test results are announced.
Applicants must also be prepared to:
- A Christian commitment through lifestyle, words, thoughts and witness;
- A demonstrated commitment to the vision, mission and fundamental values;
- A skill worked in a multicultural environment and committed to creating good relationships with different groups
- The incumbent will be based in Kinshasa
CONSTITUTION OF THE NOMINATION FILE:
Submitted your application ( motivation letter mentioning the number of the offer , CV with 3 people of references from previous employers including an ecclesiastical reference)