5 Ways to Work from Home More Effectively
- BY Garima Pachauri
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organization, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact exists to help create a world where people can exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Powered by Pact team contributes to this by:
• Leading on data analytics and promoting learning from Pact’s results
• Ensuring quality programming through technical support and monitoring
• Contributing to innovative program design, monitoring and evaluation
The position will support the Results and Measurement (R&M) team and secondarily Pact’s Innovation team. S/he will learn about Pact’s monitoring and evaluation systems, tools and approaches. S/he will work closely with the R&M team and will be asked to perform discrete tasks. The Intern will report to the Senior Advisor, Results and Measurement. The intern will also support Pact Innovation in the development and pilot testing of their Innovation Capacity Index. The internship will reflect at 75%/25% split between the two teams.
• Assemble common indicators across Pact’s sectors
• Support rollout of R&M team’s global knowledge management portal
• Participate in the rollout of Pact’s new institutional data management system
• Assist R&M team with reviewing project reports, developing MEL plans, and other project activities
• Contribute to proposal MEL design
• Contribute to R&M thought leadership
• Support other administrative functions of the R&M team, as requested
• Support rollout of new M&E database
• Support Global Indicators process
• Develop and pilot test the new Innovation Capacity Index
• Support the Innovation team with relevant discrete tasks as identified
• Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Pact staff in DC and overseas offices
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and data analysis programs (SPSS preferred)
• Experience using cloud-based databases preferred
• Knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research approaches and tools, both quantitative and qualitative
• Experience implementing international development programming in low income country for at least 1 year
• Excellent written and oral communications
• International experience working with health, education, governance, vulnerable children and youth, or economic programming
• Recent graduate of or pursuing a Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations or related field
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
HOW TO APPLY: