About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day.
Position: SSA position with WCO India at FG2 - Roster of Administrative Assistants (AAs) - (2100100)
Description of Duties:
In the context of WCO India's transition from Polio to Public Health, the set of roles and responsibilities will apply not only to Polio eradication and end game activities but will also cover support to routine immunization, Measles and Rubella Elimination, new vaccines introduction and Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance and response to COVID-19.
Finance and Administration:
- Provide administrative assistance to the supervisor in the management of the program;
- Maintain and update accounts, vouchers, cash book and assist in preparation of necessary reports; Perform bank reconciliation in a timely manner and immediately report discrepancies (if any) to the supervisor;
- Ensure safe custody of all A&F documents and books of accounts;
- Coordinate incoming/outgoing correspondence; and data, travel and general logistics arrangements for training/workshop;
- Process timely payment to vendors as per the established procedures;
- Prepare and monitor the monthly budget to ensure judicious usage of fund;
- Regularly update inventory records of office equipment, assets and other WHO property as per established procedures and ensure safety & security of office equipment & premise Support and facilitate the important process of Handing Over - Taking Over whenever there is a change in the medical officer of the field office.
Direct Support to Technical Functions:
- Coordinate and provide support to supervisor during supplementary immunization activities for polio and measles, routine immunization, and any other activities being undertaken by SMO;
- Maintain and update district wise database of reporting network/health facilities for all surveillance, immunization, and related activities;
- Maintain records for disease surveillance, immunization activities and activities related to new vaccine introduction;
- Follow up on collection of data, it's entry into relevant databases, analyzing data as required, assist in mapping & preparing reports, collect and report all case details in Case Investigation Form (CIF) and in SIMS or any other software mandated by WCO-India;
- Coordinate with Labs, district/state officials on receiving & storing samples and tracking their shipment;
- Assist SMO in monitoring planning and implementation of supplementary immunization activities for measles polio and any other vaccine preventable disease.
State Level: (in addition to above)
- Coordinate with field units for consolidation of Weekly reports, follow-up on updating weekly data in SIMS, daily feedback and data during NID/SIA rounds;
- Assistance to supervisor for preparation of State level spot maps, reports and training materials, and in maintaining cordial relationship with govt. officials.
- Undertake any other tasks/duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- Desirable: University degree preferably in Commerce.
- Essential: At least three (2) years' relevant experience in administrative support function in a government department/public sector undertaking, in a multinational corporation, reputed private organizations or NGOs.
- Desirable: Experience of working in other international organizations or UN Agency in the preferred Duty Station (State) would be an added advantage.