Roster for Health Systems Officer
World Health Organization, Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day.
Position: Roster for Health Systems Officer - (2100556)
Description of Duties:
In the context of the 13th General Programme of Work and within the framework of the WHO Country Cooperation Strategy (2019-23), the mission of the WHO Country Office is to support India in:
- Accelerating progress on universal health coverage
- Promoting health and wellness by addressing determinants of health
- Better protect the population against health emergencies
- Enhancing India’s global leadership in health
The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative to India, Deputy Head of WHO Country Office for India, direct supervision of Team Leader (Health systems) and in close collaboration with the Health Systems team (HS team) of WHO India. S/he will have the following responsibilities in her/his assigned area of work:
- Contribute to the development, integration and operationalization of state health policies and plans for timely implementation and scale up of the ABP, with attention to comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC) and measures for financial protection as per state demand;
- Engage in policy dialogue for strengthening the state health systems;
- Identify and develop context-specific service delivery models and workflow dynamics in a geographically defined area, with attention to gender, rights and equity principles;
- Build capacity for analysis, development and planning of the health workforce, mid-level healthcare providers and comprehensive PHC teams;
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to the state government based on evidence from monitoring of activities at the state and sub-state levels;
- Liaison with WHO HS team on providing support to the state on health financing and health insurance related issues;
- Mobilize WHO support on access to medicines, diagnostics and blood products;
- Advocate for, monitor and share information on progress towards SDGs and UHC.
- Collaborate with and foster partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders for health systems strengthening at state level;
- Undertake any other activities / tasks as assigned by the supervisors.
- A university degree in health or social sciences and a master’s degree in public health or health systems and services.
- Post graduate degree in community medicine; health economics; health administration or in any of the fields related to the functions of the post.
- At least five years of demonstrable experience in delivering health care services and implementation of health programs at the district or state level.
- Relevant experience in health planning and monitoring.
- Seven years or more experience in policy, planning and monitoring of health systems and/or public health programs at the district or state level.
- Applicants having experience in working with government health officials, other health actors and working with UN agencies shall be at an advantage.