Roving HR - Assistant
GOAL, Ankara, Turkey
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
He/She will be line managed by Field Systems Manager and technically reporting to the HR Coordinator. The Roving HR Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the LINK HR duties in coordination with HR Coordinator. The position based in Ankara and will be roving between Ankara, Adana, Mersin, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa. This position demands excellent HR knowledge and strong organisational skills and ability to report accurately. The HR Assistant performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
For Turkey Program:
- Maintain employee’s personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records.
- Support in maintaining confidential documents related to staff and coordinate to process new hire and exit and termination process paperwork.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, by collecting timesheets and attendance records, absences and leaves.
- Follow up on staff contracts.
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies and procedures.
- Update leave balance of the staff.
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information.
- Collaborate with the HR Coordinator to post job ads on careers pages and process incoming resumes.
- Assist in consultation with the HR officer in some HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding, clearance, trainings and annual appraisals.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communications.
- Provide orientations and induction for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining policies.
- Organize and schedule appointments including plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Turkish documents etc.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Assist and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the HR Officer in Monitoring and coordinate timely contract renewals, preparation of ID cards, hiring, notice and termination letters.
- Be familiar with, and able to answer queries on, all aspects of terms of employment, code of conduct and discipline regulations in compliance with GOAL’s staff Onboarding Guide/HR manual and other employee policies.
- Provide general support to HR Coordinator for the day to day running of the base of HR
- Assist HR Coordinator and other HR staff in advertising approved vacancies, hiring and screening candidates.
- Ensures that GOAL’s HR policies are adhered.
- Proactively engage with GOAL’s recruitment process to ensure we recruit high calibre staff in a fair, effective and professional manner.
- Assist Hiring Managers with the preparation of the Employee requests form (ERFs) and of job descriptions and the rest of the recruitment process.
- Prepare job offers to candidates and pass to the HR team for onboarding.
- Update recruitment tracking system at each stage of the recruitment process. Ensure all roles are accurately progressed through the system for reporting purposes.
- Ensure all stakeholders are kept appraised at each stage of the recruitment process.
- Provide flexible support in the event of an emergency response
- Ensure HR information is retained for legal purposes and remains confidential.
- Report to the HR Coordinator on a daily and weekly basis regarding HR processes and activities.
- Ensure that the ATCS check and security check done priority actual offer.
- Any other duties as requested by HR Coordinator and Field Systems Manager.
- Turkish citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 1 years of experience in Human resources, administration, or a similar role. Experience in working with INGO is asset.
- Fluent Turkish and English Language skills both written and spoken, knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Diplomatic with a strong communication skills