Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have willingness to travel at short notice, often in difficult circumstances and availability to typically work between 2 - 4 months in any one location?
Do you have robust country/regional programme management experience from leading the development to ensuring the delivery of complex programmes?
Do you have programme management expertise, especially with complex large or multi country projects and programmes and excellent professional and managerial judgement?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
- As a roving programme manager, you will support the Programme Management Support Team Manager to deliver high quality programme management support across the international programme.
- You will be expected to provide high quality fully deployable programme management leadership and support to projects and programmes across countries and globally when critical gaps arise
What we are looking for
- Oxfam is looking for a roving programme manager who is highly versatile with robust international programme management experience and a proven track record of working with a variety of programmes in different contexts.
- You must be willing to be deployed to countries and programmes as and when needed. The post holder will need to be flexible and adaptable, with excellent skills in collaboration and networking.
We offer:This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people with fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.