Danish Refugee Council, Benghazi, Libya
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job :
is to support the Safety Advisor in ensuring the safety and security of DRC staff and assets through the implementation and compliance oversight of relevant policies and procedures. The Safety Assistant plays a key role in supporting crisis and incident handling processes. The Safety Assistant will work under the supervision of the Support Services Manager with the technical support of the Safety Advisor.
- Under the supervision of Support Services Manager, the Safety Assistant is responsible for compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the Benghazi area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to Area operations.
- Implement safety systems and procedures in line with DDRC policies, SOP’s and handbooks
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Monitor and track incidents and contextual trends as a basis for analysis relating to safety, security and access.
- Write regular as well as ad-hoc reports pertaining to security incidents, access developments and other contextual concerns in order to better inform decision-making process.
- Issue security/access advice on demand in case of significant changes in contexts.
- Issue guidance on safety & security and movement protocols
- Monitor vehicle and personal tracking system. Alert relevant parties in case of an emergency event.
- Assist with updating security protocols for staff movement and operations inside Benghazi (including hibernation plans; Fire Safety Plans; critical incident management protocol; Duty of care for staff; etc.)
- Provide extensive support (including regarding safety, security and liaison) in the event of critical incidents
- Maintain active contact with Safety/Liaison counterparts from peer agencies (including Local Humanitarian Partners) and relevant organizations.
- Support the identification of capacity building needs and train the staff on existing safety packages as needed.
- Assist in the development and implement systems and procedures related to safety and security of DRC staff and assets in Benghazi.
- Assist in the security and safety contingency and continuity planning for the office ensuring that all security plans are implemented, and emergency systems are regularly tested.
- Prepare comprehensive, accurate and timely security-related reports including recommendations to support informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the senior managers and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the updating of pre-arrival briefs, local safety rules, security phone trees and safety briefs.
- Provide security orientation briefing to newly arrived staff to ensure staff are well-informed of local security conditions and procedures.
- Guarantee increased safety and security awareness amongst staff through regular awareness and capacity building in all areas of operation.
- Support the Incident Management Team (IMT) for crisis and incident handling.
- Quality assure safety and security protocols and systems and advise on improvements.
- Produce assessments (including site assessments of office spaces, guesthouses, warehouses and other sites as required), projections and analyses related to important security, social, economic and political developments.
- Provide summarized security analysis as requested.
- Coordinate and liaise with other NGOs, and authorities to maintain up-to-date situational
- Any other reasonable task as directed by the Support Services Manager
About you :
- At least 1 year experience in similar role
- Proven ability to obey instructions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
- Computer literate, MS Office and DRC Dynamic
- Good writing skills in reporting
We are also expecting:
- University Degree and an open attitude for learning and take on board new skills within the field of safety and security and working under the values of an international NGO.
- English – fluent both written and oral;
- Arabic – may be considered as an advantage