Safety & Security Specialist
Qatar Red Crescent Society, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain the safety and security of QRCS staff and all its centers in both Turkey and inside Syria.
- Make plans and rules in order to secure QRCS facilities and its staff, volunteers and visitors from the risks that they may be exposed to.
- Study and examine the type of work in QRCS and show security advice and observations.
- Evade QRCS from problems related to security aspects.
- Depend upon reliable security sources in order to get the correct information before giving security advice and instructions.
- Supervise raising security awareness among QRCS staff in both Turkey and Syria.
- Establish the main security principles of the mission's office in Gaziantep and observe implementing them himself.
- Establish the main security principles of the office inside Syria and all QRCS centers and supervise its implementation, and also observe the staff's commitment through the periodic reports he receives.
- Prepare a safety plan in case of emergencies.
- To care for the safety of all QRCS staff.
- Response immediately and react to urgent situations.
- Investigate in accidents in order to find out the reasons, and to avoid it happening again.
- Provide the head of mission a complete continuous vision of the security situation of all QRCS offices and centers in both Turkey and Syria.
- Coordinate with the HR department regarding the health and vocational safety of the staff.
- Keep up with the latest security novelties and updates in both Turkey and Syria.
- Make sure that all the staff is strict to implement the safety rules, in order to insure the vocational safety for all.
- Make sure that all equipment and personal protection tools are applicable and valid in all QRCS offices and centers.
- Prepare an assessment and a risk analysis in all offices.
- University Degree, or Diploma
- At least 3 years of experience in Safety & Security, preferably with NGOs
- Training and courses in Safety & Security
- An Arabic speaker, good in English, and Turkish is a valuable addition.
- Able to work in a team
- Good Experience in legal and security issues
- Good communication skills Good knowledge in the prevailing trends and affiliations inside Syria.
- Full knowledge in managing safety and security management. Advanced Computer skills & MS office.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Nature of work:Office work, with regular visits to sites in Turkey and Syria when needed.