UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF’s Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through the use of innovative technology-enabled solutions.
This position is situated within the Solutions Centre and Support section of ICTD. The Centre provides adequate, user-friendly, and modern business solutions to UNICEF’s different departments and stakeholders as well as providing guidance, governance, and procedures to several enterprise processes such as data collection, program monitoring, digital tools and platforms, and business process optimization throughout the organization.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the Salesforce Solution Manager, the Salesforce Developer/Full Stack Engineer will design and develops custom solutions in Salesforce platform to support newly rolled out supporter engagement platform and other Salesforce initiatives within UNICEF.
The incumbent will provide your expertise in advanced apex programming, lightning frameworks/components and implement best practices by following design pattern and integration architecture. They will collaborate with domain architects, internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical solutions adhere to approved reference architecture and will be engaged in code and technical design review of solution implementation.
This Temporary Appointment will be for a period of 364 days.
- Understand requirements from business, translate into design and build applications following Salesforce best practices;
- Apply full stack approach to solution design through planning, testing, implementing, deploying and operations of solutions;
- Build high quality applications championing the modular design, reusable components, separation of concern, high cohesion and loose coupling architecture;
- Work with wider UNICEF technical team on integration requirement and develop applications that connects to multiple applications;
- Work with Email Studio, Journey builder, Amp Script to develop customized user journey;
- Perform peer and independent review of codes and write unit/integration testing to cover Salesforce code coverage requirements;
- Work closely with delivery partners to delivery complex business requirements;
- Provide Tier 3/4 global support in identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex platform and integration issues;
- Assists in developing technical architecture and design diagram/artifacts with multiple options presented and articulate the option to wider audiences;
- Contribute in setting up architectural and technical standard by keeping abreast of technological trends and Salesforce new releases;
- Be part global DevOps team and participate in agile delivery.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have:
- An advanced university degree (master’s or higher) in Information Technology or related field is required. A combination of a first university degree in a relevant field combined with two additional years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience in an international development context as elaborated below:
- Experience in building applications using Lightning components, APEX, Visualforce and UI related coding technologies, Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Experience of working with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical professionals;
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community cloud, Einstein Analytics);
- Experience of deployments and migrations tools (Salesforce DX, GitHub, CI/CD, Force.com IDE, Eclipse, ANT, Gearset/AutoRabit/Copado);
- Strong Knowledge on integration platform (SAP PO, MuleSoft, Salesforce connect), Single Sign-On, Security, Certificate Management, OpenID Connect and ability to troubleshoot in a production environment;
- Industry qualifications in Salesforce platform (Salesforce.com Platform Developer I/II) are an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and our core competencies are Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.