Scientist (Fish Feeds and Nutrition)
WorldFish, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Design and conduct high quality fish nutrition and feeds research, with a focus on novel sustainable feed ingredients and nutrition-genetic interactions.
- Develop productive partnerships to further our sustainable feeds research, including key international and national research institutes.
- Build productive relations with investors and development partners from public and private sectors for scaling out of our feeds research results.
- Mentor young aquaculture feeds researchers in key program countries.
- Assist in mobilizing resources in support of new research activities
- Prepare quality papers and communication products from feeds research activities
- PhD in aquaculture, livestock or related fields of fish or animal feeds and nutrition
- At least 3 years post doctoral experience in a field related to fish or animal feeds and nutrition
- Excellent proficiency of spoken and written English
- Strong record of publications in a related field
- Motivation for high quality science and delivery of impact from research
- Strong professional network in the field of aquaculture feeds and fish nutrition research
- Knowledge and experience of working in developing countries in Africa and/or Asia
- Resource mobilization record
- Interdisciplinary research collaboration with human nutrition, value chains and gender research fields
- Private sector experience