United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Khartoum, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority and direct supervision of the Head of Office and UNESCO Representative to Sudan, the incumbent is responsible for performing a full range of the following:
- Arranges appointments for the Head of Office, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and responds to routine requests for information.
- Reviews, records, distributes and processes incoming mail pending actions.
- Responds or drafts responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications.
- Uses word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports, including formatting more complex letters, reports, technical documents, newsletters and other material.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, as well as for adherence to established standards for format.
- Searches, assembles, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences etc.
- makes travel and hotel arrangements and prepares travel authorizations/ claims for the supervisor.
- Performs general administrative tasks.
- Maintains and updates the Office electronic and paper records/files.
- Completed Secondary, technical and/ or vocational education
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of relevant professional work experience in administration, secretarial support and/or related field(s).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skills including ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Good organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to operate fairly independently; to take initiative and work effectively in a team.
- Flexibility, adaptability and readiness to work under pressure.
- Client-oriented and problem solving attitude.
- Excellent knowledge of office applications (i:e MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and/or Arabic and good knowledge of the other language.