European Coffee Federation, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
- The European Coffee Federation (ECF) is the umbrella organisation representing the European green coffee trade, coffee roasting industry, soluble coffee manufacturers and decaffeinators. Its membership consists of 14 national coffee associations and 15 direct company members. The annual green coffee usage of ECF members equates to over half of global coffee imports;
- ECF’s mission is to be the single voice of the European coffee sector, protecting and promoting the common interests of its members in the value chain from bean to cup.
- Be the driving force of the Federation, securing cohesion and a shared sense of purpose among the entire membership;
- Proactively and effectively shape and promote the collective interests of the European coffee sector to key stakeholders;
- Co-develop and implement ECF’s strategy policy as prepared by the Executive Committee and approved by the Council;
- Maintain and further enhance close contacts with the EU institutions, European food and drink organisations (e.g. FoodDrinkEurope, CAOBISCO, CEEREAL), international coffee associations, intergovernmental organisations (e.g. International Coffee Organization), NGO’s, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Represent ECF in external organisations, meetings and contacts, including media;
- Maintain and further enhance close contacts with the ECF members and develop contacts with potential members;
- Manage the activities of the various bodies and working groups of ECF, lead the development of common views and implement those effectively;
- Co-develop and implement ECF’s website and various communication tools in order to ensure the necessary consistency of all external communications;
- Reporting to ECF Council/Executive Committee.
- Monitor, assess and determine coffee sector relevance of a wide variety of information sources (included not limited to: food law, food safety, EU policy- and socio economy developments);
- Manage the ECF secretariat (2 direct reports: Manager Scientific & Regulatory Affairs and Administrative Assistant);
- Manage the ECF annual budget; maintain an orderly administrative and financial administration (in coordination with external bookkeeping and accountancy), provide regular financial reporting;
- Prepare and issue in- and external communications as agreed by the various ECF bodies;
- Organise meetings and provide administrative assistance to the various ECF bodies.
- Ample relevant working experience in EU (regulatory) affairs (preferably in the food sector; experience in international agro commodity sector is an additional asset);
- Ideally experienced in management of a membership organisation;
- Political sensitivity and a demonstrable commitment to and understanding of political advocacy; strong lobbying and networking skills;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Ability to track and implement multiple priorities;
- University degree in a field compatible with this job;
- Fluency in English, good command of French; knowledge of another language like Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch is an additional asset;
- The successful candidate must live in the Brussels area or be willing to move there.
- A truly international, vibrant and fascinating work environment based in the centre of the European quarter in Brussels (strategically housed with other EU Food and Drink Associations);
- A position that provides a high level of responsibility and scope for initiative;
- A competitive salary package (based on experience/qualifications).