Fhi 360, Bujumbura, Burundi
Closing Date for Applications:
The Receptionist Secretary performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The position requires knowledge of organizational policies and procedures in order to communicate information about programs and services. Tasks performed may include preparing documents and reports, office automation, compiling files, organizing and filing documents, publishing information, welcoming and orienting visitors, distributing mail. and photocopy and inventory. At the advanced level, the Receptionist Secretary can serve as a leader or can supervise other employees.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Under the direct supervision of the Representative of FHI 360 Burundi, the “ Receptionist Secretary ” will be responsible for:
- Guide any visitor to the office;
- Receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
- Ensure typing, writing, correction, editing and review of letters, reports and other documents;
- Assist in the translation of documents;
- Make / supervise the photocopying and binding of documents from the FHI360 office;
- File documents at the management secretariat, organize and organize workplaces;
- Perform reception work: answer the phone, take and / or transfer phone calls, welcome and sort all visitors to the office and notify staff of their arrival;
- Dial the numbers of the correspondents for the staff when necessary;
- Configure and manage rankings, prepare reports, provide office supplies to employees, enter data, proofread and compile special reports;
- Provide support in the preparation of meeting places (eg organization of conference rooms, coordination, logistical support, etc.);
- Manage the FHI 360 vehicles assigned to the office and other leased vehicles;
- Track fuel consumption;
- Ensure the management and monitoring of equipment stocks
- Perform other tasks deemed necessary by his supervisor.
RESEARCH PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Be of Burundian nationality or have a work permit in Burundi;
- Have at least a Bachelor's degree in secretarial, management and administration with a minimum of 3 years of experience or in a related field;
- Perfectly master French and have a good knowledge of English: Being able to write / communicate easily in English and French ;
- Be comfortable with the use of computer tools including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printers, photocopier and other office tools;
- Be organized, have the skills to work in a team and maintain good professional relations with other members of the FHI360 staff and its partners;
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize tasks;
- Pay particular attention to details in composition, typing by establishing priorities and respecting deadlines;
- Having held a similar position for a non-governmental organization (NGO) would be an asset.
- This job description summarizes the main functions of the job. It does not prescribe or restrict the exact tasks which may be assigned to the exercise of these functions.